My Selection For Skiing
Naively I thought with the fresh air
of the mountain, I wouldn’t have to use too much skincares. Very quickly I realized that on the contrary must be redoubled care, between the sun with the strong glare on the slopes and the very dry heating air.
Photo montage above: 1. The cleanser and toner. I’ve never cleaned my face as often: in the morning, then upon returning from skiing or/and before dinner and at last before sleeping. So I chose very mild products to not irritate my really sensitive skin: Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Toning Lotion/Refiner and Perfectly Clean Triple-Action Cleanser/Toner/Makeup Remover, Estée Lauder.
2. The face masks. For optimal hydration, I apply the AquaPrécis Masque Express Hydratation Dynamique of Uriage. It’s like an after sun exposure dressing. I leave it all night as a night cream. The morning after cleansing the face, I prepare my skin to the cares with the Vitamin Rich Detox Mask of Bio Beauté by Nuxe. I am not a big fan of its near-sticky honey texture, but I really enjoy its healthy glow effect. The skin is cleansed, with a bright complexion.
3. The ski sunscreen. Cream + stick Very High protection, High altitude Photoderm Ski SPF 50 of Bioderma : very pleasant to apply with the boilerplate lightweight format that slips easily into a pocket of the jacket. By late afternoon, the Photoderm Après Soleil SOS (Intense Soothing mist) of Bioderma refreshes my skin. Lovely blue packaging.
Glam on the slopes
Above: 1. The Yeti under jacket, my big crush! I didn’t know Yeti, a German brand based in Denmark and specialized in duvets. This under jacket is impeccably cut following the shape of body. I can stay warm without looking like a bag! It weighs nothing with an edgy look for skiing and town!
2. Ultra glamour Pure Color Envy Sculpting EyeShadow 5 Color Palette, Estée Lauder. Beautiful colors and silky texture ranging from silver to purple (for intense smoky eyes). 3. I alternate the Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick, Estée Lauder with the 10 Cherry Lush, Tom Ford.
4. On the ski gloves, my inseparable cream for the dry, chapped and damaged hands, High Nutrition Hands With Natural Cold Cream, Bio beauté by Nuxe. Very fluid, it penetrates quickly, leaving a slightly glossy finish on a nourished skin.
The Evening Glam
Above : 1. The jacket for skiing, Poivre Blanc with a white and taupe sober look. It is extremely comfortable and warm in altitude. 2. My fragrance. Modern Muse, Estée Lauder. Discreet but present, feminine, elegant and lightly powdered, I like it a lot.
3. The body cares. Pleasant smooth creamy texture of the Magic Touch, Rituals. At first I was afraid it wouldn’t be nutritious enough for my very dry body skin. Actually not. Before applying, I mix the cream with the Contouring Concentrate of Caudalie for a toning and firming effect.
4. My other big crush, the wow ankle boots of Sam Edelman. Killer shoes! I wear them a lot at the moment! Well, on the picture, I suffered a bit, it was the first time I wore them (LOL!). Plus a vintage bag with a shiny parrot.
Targeted Skincare Products
Do you know the excellent Radical Skincare? As soon as I started testing this American brand in late August, I found visible effects. My complexion had fewer imperfections and better skin texture. After a month, my skin was more toned and smooth.
Photo montage above: 1. The serum. Peptide Infused Antioxidant Serum, Radical Skincare, to apply before the cream morning and night. 2. The face cream. Anti-aging Restorative Moisture of Radical Skincare.
3. The body cares. In the embroidered pouch from Kazakstan offered by a friend, two new creams of l’Occitane : the Whipped Body Cream for hands and the Whipped Body Cream for body, both with shea. A pleasure to use: what a pity the body cream finishes so fast! 4. A view of Val Thorens (France).
Photo montage below : 1. For the eyes. Choose carefully adapted sunglasses for altitude (mines make fog!). Also to protect the fragile eye zone, I use the efficient Polyphenol C15 Anti-Wrinkle Eye & Lip Cream, Caudalie. One of the few creams that doesn’t irritate my eyes.
As I’m not a seasoned skier, I didn’t know what outfits to bring with me! So I make it really simple: black comfortable warm boots easy to clean.(2). Wolly caps a bit ethnic and lined with fleece (3). And a nice Poivre Blanc ski pants (4).
Photos : Mademoiselle Le K – copyright 2014, tous droits réservés.
The photos were shot at Club Med Val Thorens Sensations
Related posts :
Swarovski Selfies by Mademoiselle Le K
Fashion and Beauty in Bali, Indonesia
FASHION, BEAUTY & HOTEL REVIEWS