– Disclaimer : Sorry for the video bug (below) of this post. We are trying to fix it. –
If you follow this blog for a while,
you know how much I enjoy sharing with you my skiing experiences in the Alps and especiallty ski resort in France. So I met and asked Jean-Marc Silva, the Director of France Montagnes 3 questions about France Montagnes and the “Skiing Into Spring” trend.
Sorry for the poor quality of the light and audio.
1. What’s France Montagnes?
2. Why Skiing Into Spring?
For all the informations about the ski resorts, ski and activities : click here.
I was invited at the Luxury Travel Connection Forum in Montreux few months ago. This event brought together Bespoke and Luxury Member Agencies accredited by Traveller Made as well as Travel Partners, “such as the most renowned Hotels, the best Destination Management Companies and some of the most active Tourism Boards on the luxury segment“.
As luxury is a growing market, I was really curious to discover the big trends of the real luxury travel market. And I asked the expert : check the videos below (If you have any troubles viewing the videos below, refresh the page).
of Nini Andrade Silva, while we are going to one of its sites. Yes I’m in Funchal! If the famous interior designer from Madeira works with her team on several projects around the world in the same time, this one is pretty special for her.
It will be the Nini Andrade Silva Design Center, a stunning space in a heritage building, a “fortalezza” of the Funchal harbour, dedicated to her work and life (pictures above: first picture of the building facade).
– Here you will have the story of my life. There will be a shop, restaurant and my studio / atelier / office where people could dinner. The chef will do cooking classes. There will be many different things. A place where people study design too. The official opening is in October.
Being an Artist and a Designer
In this part of the interview, Nini Andrade Silva explains her vocation as an interior designer, vision of hotels, the “diva way” and her charitable commitment, “to give back“. On the pictures below, some of the hotels she did the interior design.
– No. We are really wellknown for hotels. We do private houses too, but it’s private and we can’t talk about it. Only people who know we do it, call us.
What do you prefer?
– I really like to do hotels. You know when you do hotels, you do everything: shops, restaurants … An hotel is a city!
– We have lots of things in Colombia, Portugal, Singapore and Asia. We are doing hotels in Malaysia, Cambodia, Lisbon, Algarve and Azores. And we’ve just opened one in Porto.
Traveler Interior Designer
Here Nini Andrade Silva speaks about her strong connection to Madeira, her inspiration and way to work abroad or not. Pictures below: the ocean and harbour from the points of view of the Nini Andrade Silva Design Center.